Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thankful

In keeping with my goal of focusing on the positives instead of the negatives I figured I would post some things I'm thankful for today.

  1. A husband who loves me dearly
  2. A Saviour who loves me unconditionally
  3. Family and friends
  4. The fact that it's Thursday and we're one day closer to the weekend
  5. I'll be getting my bonus check tomorrow (I am so blessed to be getting a bonus especially with the way our economy has been)
  6. Because of the bonus some much needed repairs will be done to my car and we will get to pay off some things for our Disney trip this summer a little earlier than we had planned
  7. The sun is shining and it's going to be a beautiful day
  8. My husband and I have taken advantage of the nice weather by taking walks in the evenings
  9. Because of the walking I have dropped a few pounds (and it helps I've started eating healthier since my husband is on a medically supervised diet)
  10. So proud of my husband and his progress on his diet - he has dropped roughly 45 lbs in a little over 2 months! He has done so well and is so committed. I wish him continued success! Keep up the good work hun!
  11. My job (even though I may complain about it at times, I am fortunate to have a job and be earning an income when so many people are without right now)
  12. And of course all the material things that I am blessed with - a car, a roof over my head (even though I wish it was a little bigger than it is - we live in an efficiency apartment and are quickly outgrowing it), a computer, TV, internet access, blu-ray player and movies, an awesome new shelf and an adorable child-sized rocking chair that was passed down from my mother-in-law (I will do a separate post on that) and many other things too numerous to type out.
I'm sure there are more and I could go on and on but I will spare you. I love the hymn we used to sing in church :
When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

Refrain:

Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
*Count your many blessings, see what God hath done.

[*And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.]

Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will keep singing as the days go by.

When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
Count your many blessings—wealth can never buy
Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.

So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.
Johnson Oatman, Jr., pub.1897
Copyright: Public Domain

I believe that sums it up. So, whatever kind of day your are having, whatever is going on in your life right now, whatever trials you are facing or successes you are celebrating; don't forget to stop and thank God for the many blessings in your life. It just may surprise you what all He HAS done!

0 comments:

Post a Comment