Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

I'm still here . . .

I'm sorry it's been a week since my last post. I honestly thought I was going to be able to get on here and post more this week, but it hasn't happened. Mainly because our internet has been down at home. Hubby went to get on Monday night and we had no connection. So after trying again Tuesday with no luck he called and made an appointment for someone to come out today to take a look at it because there was no problems on their end. Well miraculously it started working Wednesday evening and we haven't had any problems since. So hubby called last night and cancelled the appointment. Now I just hope Murphy's law doesn't pay us a visit and now that we've cancelled the appointment the internet decides it doesn't want to work again. (isn't technology a wonderful thing?)

There really isn't much to post about to be honest. It's been a pretty regular week with work and coming home and cooking dinner and doing laundry and housework. Pretty boring! Even our weekend plans aren't that exciting. They would have been had the weather cooperated, but Old Man Winter has decided he wants to pay us another visit. Saturday is the first day of Spring and we are going to be getting a cold front - rain all day and temperatures steadily dropping to freezing by Sunday night. AWESOME!! There is even the threat of snow in some areas around us. I highly doubt we'll see any, but wouldn't be surprised even if we did. That's TX weather for you!

Now if the weather had been nice and sunshiney and warm like Spring is supposed to be; we would have gone to the Dallas Arboretum and then headed to Calloway's and Home Depot to get some flowers of our own. I have been dying to go to the Arboretum for a couple years now because their flower gardens are just absolutely gorgeous - especially during the Spring. I have seen pictures online and in person from people who have been before and have been told the pictures don't do it justice. I guess we'll just have to put those plans off until next weekend. (and yes, I'll have some pictures to share with you for my first picture post!)  I'm so ready for Spring and can't wait to make a little spring garden of my own to liven up our balcony. I don't have a yard yet as we live in an apartment, but am going to make the best of what I have. I'm going to get a flower box to attach to the railing of our balcony (don't worry, it will hang over our balcony, not over the ledge) and plant several kinds of pretty, colorful flowers. I haven't decided exactly what all I will plant yet, but do have some things in mind.

So now our weekend will consist of grocery shopping and then staying inside where it's nice and dry and warm. I guess I should probably use that time to get some more cleaning done. Maybe that's what Old Man Winter is telling me - get your spring cleaning done this weekend so then you can go out and enjoy the weekends of beautiful weather yet to come! ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment